Spirit Quest Books – Spring 2013 Newsletter
In this issue:
- Fifty Sheds of Grey
- Tea Types
- Tea To Go For $2 A Cup!
- Owl Solar Lights
- Bee By The Sea
- Music CD's
- Essential Oil Of The Month – Jasmine
Fifty Sheds of Grey by C.T. Grey has just arrived. This is a parody of the Fifty Shades of Grey series, except it is about tool sheds. Great pictures and fun wording! We have just received two huge book orders so there are lots of new titles in, and of course a full range of the “standards” like Louise Hay, Don Miguel Ruiz, and also many divination cards.
With the prices of coffee continuing to rise, what’s the alternative? Drink tea! We have over
30 flavors of organic tea.
Not so sure about making the switch? For a limited time, you will receive a tea sample with your total purchase over $20. That, or try our Tea To Go. We offer hot tea in a “to go” cup for only $2; just choose your flavor and enjoy. Our “to go” cup has a strainer built into the lid. Refills are available for $1. (Prices include GST).
Tea is a versatile beverage with many health benefits along with being a delicious, refreshing drink such as; weight loss, cholesterol control, stress reducton, relief of stomach cramps, aiding in digestion, and and many others.
Here is some specific information regarding just a few of the health benefits of varieties of quality loose tea we carry:
Health Benefits of Black Tea
- Prevents clogging of arteries
- Lowers risk of stomach, colon and breast cancer
- Suppresses the Cox-2 gene which causes inflammation
- Neutralizes germs
Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Prevention of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease
- Prevention of strokes
- Reduction of tumors
- Strengthens immune system
- Assists in the treatment of diabetes
Health Benefits of Pu-Erh Tea
- Helps lower blood cholesterol levels
- Enhance circulation
- Inhibit the growth and formation of cancer cells
- Invigorate the spleen
- Breaks down and reduces fat in the system
- Removes toxins
Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
- Anti-spasmodic, relieves stomach cramps
- Rich in anti-oxidants and flavonoids
- Soothing affect on the skin, relieving itching and irritation
- Contains calcium, magnesium, manganese, and zinc
Health Benefits of Herbal Tea
- After infusion or decoction (simmered in boiling water)
the benefits and properties of the herbs seep
into the, e.g. lavender is calming, peppermint
aids digestion, ginger relieves stress and aids digestion
Health Benefits of Fruit Tea
- Like herbal teas, after infusion or decoction the thus giving the drinker the desired effect,
benefits and properties of the fruits seep into the water,
e.g. strawberry, citrus, and kiwi are high in Vitamin C
We have solar powered owl yard lights in a couple of different styles to choose from. These enegy-wise little fellows are so adorably cute, don’t miss having a look at them the next time you’re in.
Bee By The Sea products are made with Sea Buckthorn and other luxurious natural ingredients your skin will love you for. This skincare line is specifically blended using the right mixture of fruit, seed, pulp and Sea Buckthorn oils in combination with honey, royal jelly, and other healthy ingredients.
Some interesting facts about Sea Buckthorn:
- In 1986 many of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster victims were treated with Sea Buckthorn oil
- Russian Cosmonauts have been using Sea Buckthorn to protect their skin from radiation
damage during their trips into outer space for years!
- Sea Buckthorn juice was the national drink during the Beijing Olympics
- 90% of the world's Sea Buckthorn is in China
We always have music playing in the store and one of our newer CD’s which has been catching customers attention is Tales of a Gypsy by Johannes Linstead. An accomplished Spanish guitarist, Johannes has created a CD that isguaranteed to uplift your spirit and get your toes tapping. You may even find yourself with an urge to dance.
Jasmine Essential oil – known as the King of Flower oils is made by effleurage (chemical extraction) of the blossoms which need to be
gathered at night when the concentration of oil is more powerful. The small size of flowers, harvesting only after dark, extracting the oil using olive oil, then with chemicals to create the Jasmine Absolute makes the pure essential oil very costly. We have both the Absolute Jasmine Essential Oil and a 5% Jojoba oil is also available. All essential oils affect us on the psychological and physiological levels good for apathy, stress, listlessness and for the early stages of flu. While it is to be avoided during pregnancy, it is helpful during childbirth.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Past Newsletters are available below:
December 2012 Newsletter
November 2012 Newsletter
September 2012 Newsletter
August 2012 Newsletter
July 2012 Newsletter
June 2012 Newsletter
May 2012 Newsletter
April 2012 Newsletter
March 2012 Newsletter
February 2012 Newsletter
January 2012 Newsletter
December 2011 Newsletter
October 2011 Newsletter
July 2011 Newsletter
June 2011 Newsletter
May 2011 Newsletter
Easter 2011 Newsletter
April 2011 Newsletter